BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] BackupPC training at SCALE9x in LA - Feb 25th

2011-02-18 12:21:55
Subject: [BackupPC-users] BackupPC training at SCALE9x in LA - Feb 25th
From: Ski Kacoroski <kacoroski AT gmail DOT com>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2011 09:19:41 -0800
Hi,

I will be teaching my BackupPC class at SCALE again this year at 1:30pm
on Feb 25th.  Check out
http://www.socallinuxexpo.org/scale9x/special-events/scale-university
for details on this and other classes offered by LOPSA (http://lopsa.org).

BackupPC: Enterprise, Cross Platform Backups for Everyone

Do you need a reliable backup solution and cannot afford to pay
thousands for one? Do you have Windows, Mac, Unix, or Linux machines to
backup? Do you need a solution that supports long term archives,
include/exclude lists, has a nice GUI interface, and can support 1 or
thousands of machines? If so, than BackupPC is for you.

This class will cover how BackupPC can solve your home or business
Backup problem. We will cover configuration; home, small business, and
enterprise scenarios; and performance and troubleshooting Tips. At the
end of the class you will be able to set up a BackupPC server for your
location that can scale from a few up to several thousand machines. No
prior experience with BackupPC is required, but a basic knowledge of
Unix shell commands is helpful.

cheers,

ski

--
"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it
  connected to the entire universe"            John Muir

Chris "Ski" Kacoroski, kacoroski AT gmail DOT com, 206-501-9803
or ski98033 on most IM services