BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] TopDir host override to back one host to alt volume

2011-02-18 09:35:05
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] TopDir host override to back one host to alt volume
From: Bowie Bailey <Bowie_Bailey AT BUC DOT com>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2011 09:32:44 -0500
On 2/17/2011 8:07 PM, unclecameron wrote:
> I want to put different hosts in different mounted volumes, since I have and
> OS partition size limitation (without GPT) to 2TB, which is not large enough
> to backup all my hosts. I have tried creating a similar dir structure on the
> new mount volume and symlink the host folder, but it fails with a hardlink
> error, but when I put an alternate TopDir directive in
> somehostforthenewvolume.pl that doesn't work either, what should I be doing?

The pool and all of the host directories *MUST* be on the same
filesystem.  If you want to move everything, you can symlink the TopDir
directory (or change it in the config -- that didn't used to work
properly, but I think it's been fixed now).

You cannot move individual hosts to different filesystems.

--
Bowie