BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Issue with remote backup of server(s) over VPN after failover

2011-02-14 20:10:35
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Issue with remote backup of server(s) over VPN after failover
From: Scott Saunders <ssaunders AT asphaltzipper DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2011 18:08:05 -0700
Thanks for sharing Stefan.

Unfortunately, I don't think either of those is causing an issue here.
Both the remote and local sites have T1 connections each with a static
IP. I recently did an fsck of the backup client's filesystem in question
(I did it on the master client - any fsck changes would be replicated to
the slave client via drbd - only one client node, the master in the
pacemaker cluster, is allowed to have the filesystem mounted at a time)
- should I also do an fsck of the backup server?

The odd thing here is 5-10 other clients continue to backup without
errors while this one in particular exhibits what I have previously
described. It never finishes the first (first here can mean the very
first or original backup after the server was installed OR the first
backup taken after backups haven't been taken for a week or two but are
then resumed) remote backup, and it isn't even stopped by the
clientTimeout. However, if I physically move the remote backup server
local and take a full backup of the client in question, subsequent
remote backups will succeed after moving the remote backup server back
to the remote location.

Please share any thoughts you might have on what could be done to
determine the cause here to find a solution. TIA

Scott