BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Upgrading is changing many thins in config.pl?!

2011-02-07 09:20:40
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Upgrading is changing many thins in config.pl?!
From: "Boniforti Flavio" <flavio AT piramide DOT ch>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2011 15:18:40 +0100
Hello again.

> I'm in the middle of upgrading on my Debian Sid of BackupPC
> and get many differences in the config.pl file. Besides the
> differences depending on custom parameters (done by me), the
> main differences I see are like:
>
> -$Conf{BackupPCNightlyPeriod} = '1';
> +$Conf{BackupPCNightlyPeriod} = 1;

OK, not having too much time, I decided to go for the simple solution: I
told APT to maintain the actual config.pl

What now happened is that the upgrade *failed*, but still the 3.1.0 is
running.

Here the excerpts I got from APT:

Starting backuppc...2011-02-07 14:16:05 Another BackupPC is running (pid
1110); quitting...
invoke-rc.d: initscript backuppc, action "start" failed.
dpkg: error processing backuppc (--configure):
 subprocess installed post-installation script returned error exit
status 1

[...]

 backuppc

Where may I look for errors?