BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Client disk utilisation

2011-01-05 05:23:01
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Client disk utilisation
From: "Tyler J. Wagner" <tyler AT tolaris DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Wed, 05 Jan 2011 10:20:16 +0000
On Wed, 2011-01-05 at 08:16 +0000, Timothy Omer wrote:
> Can anyone possibly answer my question above? Need to start to send
> out this information and want to make sure im grabbing the correct
> data. Have searched past posts and cannot find a decent answer to
> this.

Sorry, Tim. This question does get asked about once a month. As a I
said, it's an irrelevant statistic. It doesn't exist.

If you want to provide simple feedback to the clients on usage, I
suggest something simple like summing the total data transfered from the
last Full and Incremental, then perhaps dividing it by the known
compression/pooling ratio. For me, that's about 1:9.

Running a lot of du's is going to take a long time anyway, for any large
pool.

Regards,
Tyler

--
"No one can terrorize a whole nation, unless we are all his accomplices."
   -- Edward R. Murrow