BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] Minimal backuppc install (without apache or web server)???

2010-12-09 09:32:14
Subject: [BackupPC-users] Minimal backuppc install (without apache or web server)???
From: "Jeffrey J. Kosowsky" <backuppc AT kosowsky DOT org>
To: General list for user discussion <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Thu, 09 Dec 2010 09:29:35 -0500
I'm trying to run backuppc on a debian-based plugcomputer.
I would rather not install apache (or anything else extra for that
matter) -- since I only use the CLI anyway.

- Do I have to do anything special to get backuppc to work without the
  web interface (and with no apache)? Or is apache tightly integrated
  and unavoidable...

- apt-get wants to install about 55 new debian packages, I want to divide
  them into unnecessary (if no apache/gui), required (for base rsync
  method install), and optional (if using other methods)

  Is my thinking right here:
  NECESSARY:
         backuppc
         libcompress-raw-zlib-perl
         libcompress-zlib-perl
         libfile-rsyncp-perl
         libio-compress-base-perl
         libio-compress-zlib-perl
         perl-suid

  OPTIONAL:
    libarchive-zip-perl (only if using BackupPC_zipCreate)
    psmisc (not sure if needed???)
        samba-common (for smb transport)
        smbclient (for smb transport)

  UNNECESSARY
    apache2
    apache2-mpm-worker
    apache2-utils
    apache2.2-common
    defoma
    fontconfig
    fontconfig-config
    libapr1
    libaprutil1
    libcairo2
    libdatrie0
    libdirectfb-1.0-0  libfontconfig1 libfontenc1
    libfreetype6
    libmysqlclient15off
    libpango1.0-0
    libpango1.0-common
    libpixman-1-0
    libpng12-0
    libpq5
    librrd4
    libsysfs2
    libtalloc1
    libthai-data
    libthai0
    libts-0.0-0
    libwbclient0
    libxcb-render-util0
    libxcb-render0
    libxfont1
    libxft2
    libxrender1
    mysql-common
    openssl (I'm assuming this is only needed for apache)
    openssl-blacklist
    rrdtool
    ssl-cert
    ttf-dejavu