BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] Sanity check re: pooling.

2010-12-06 11:08:27
Subject: [BackupPC-users] Sanity check re: pooling.
From: "Ken D'Ambrosio" <ken AT jots DOT org>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2010 10:47:08 -0500 (EST)
Hi!  I've got two servers, each around a TB, that I'm backing up with
BackupPC.  (No, not for "real" backups, but to be able to not have to
recall tapes when someone deletes a file.  Darn users.)  I'm planning on
merging the two Windows servers into one Linux box serving via Samba.
Assuming pooling works the way I think it does, there shouldn't be any
significant increase in needed disk space, should there?

Thanks!

-Ken

believed to be clean.