BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] New release of BackupPC_deleteBackup - who can put it into the wiki?

2010-10-15 14:08:06
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] New release of BackupPC_deleteBackup - who can put it into the wiki?
From: "Jeffrey J. Kosowsky" <backuppc AT kosowsky DOT org>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2010 14:05:59 -0400
Matthias Meyer wrote at about 22:04:42 +0200 on Sunday, October 10, 2010:
 > Robin Lee Powell wrote:
 >
 > > On Sun, Dec 06, 2009 at 01:13:57AM +0100, Matthias Meyer wrote:
 > >> Hi,
 > >>
 > >> I have a new release of the BackupPC_deleteBackup script.
 > >> Unfortunately I can't put it into the wiki
 > >>
 > (http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/backuppc/index.php?title=How_to_delete_backups).
 > >> Jeffrey would do that but I didn't reach him via email :-(

Sorry - I didn't receive any such email. Probably the best way to
reach me is via the mailing list if email fails.

Of course, Matthias is the original owner -- I just added a few tweaks
;)

For my own internalversion control, can you tell me if any behaviors
changed other than adding --remove
Note I did a diff and noticed a fair number of changes but wasn't sure
which are "cosmetic", which are "bug fixes", which are "polish" and
which are "significant." The reason I am asking is that I notice at
least one change that would break the script on my
install. Specifically, the Fedora package version stores the config in
/etc/BackupPC while you changed it to /etc/backuppc. For this change
maybe the path could look both places or maybe there should be a
user-defined variable at the top of the script.

Beyond that, I was wondering whether any of the "fixes" or "changes"
may similarly work on some systems but cause breaks on others.