BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] BackupPC_DeleteFile requirement jLib.pm not working

2010-10-15 13:56:00
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] BackupPC_DeleteFile requirement jLib.pm not working
From: "Jeffrey J. Kosowsky" <backuppc AT kosowsky DOT org>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2010 13:53:32 -0400
Carl T. Miller wrote at about 11:36:02 -0400 on Sunday, October 10, 2010:
 > I found what looks like an excellent tool for managing
 > backuppc pools.
Thanks :)

 > The instructions say to install the jLib.pm module,
 > but don't tell how to install it.
 >
 > When I run BackupPC_DeleteFile without the module it says:
 > Can't locate BackupPC/jLib.pm in @INC (@INC contains:
 > /usr/share/BackupPC/lib ..."
 >
 > So I copied jLib.pm to /usr/share/BackupPC/lib/BackupPC.
 > Now when I runBackupPC_DeleteFile it says:

Yes that is the location of all BackupPC-specific perl library modules

 > syntax error at /usr/local/bin/BackupPC_DeleteFile line
 > 1055, near "package BackupPC::jLib"
 >
 > What am I missing?

1055 is the last line of BackupPC_deleteFile
It sounds like the file was somehow modified causing a parsing syntax
error. Perhaps either it was copied wrong (e.g., line breaks messed up
or some brace missing somewhere) or maybe you accidentally modified
it.