BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] How to troubleshoot restore issues with .zip?

2010-09-27 14:51:52
Subject: [BackupPC-users] How to troubleshoot restore issues with .zip?
From: Christian Völker <chrischan AT knebb DOT de>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2010 20:48:48 +0200
 Hi,

I'm backing up several Linux (CentOS) machines. Backup qorks quite fine-
but I can't restore to .zip.

Restoring through direct share onto another host works fine- I will get
the data.
Restoring through .tar works fine, too.

But not as .zip.

I use Firefox- if I download the .zip file FF tells me "Download done"
and the resulting restore.zip is about 256k in size.
If I use a download manager (Orbit) it stays on 0% for a while an then
tells me "Download failed".

Looking the log file it says restore was successful:
2010-09-26 18:26:37 User admin downloaded zip archive for tp, backup
520; files were: /home

So any idea where I can look at to find out why the .zip does not work?

Greetings

Christian