BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Backup with "transfer host"

2010-09-27 14:28:18
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Backup with "transfer host"
From: Les Mikesell <lesmikesell AT gmail DOT com>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2010 13:26:03 -0500
On 9/27/2010 12:46 PM, Sascha Brechmann wrote:
> Hi Tyler,
>
> thx for your answer.
>
> No i have ssh access to the openbsd box. I need a paththro from the
> openbsd box to the Linux-Box. The BackupPC Server should backup the
> Linux-Box behind the OpenBSD Box. There is no PF-Rule to block traffic
> from the Linux-Box to the Internet.

What do you mean by a paththro?  If the Linux box is on a NAT subnet
instead of having a reachable public address, you either need a VPN that
you can use to tunnel to the non-routable network or something to
port-forward to the otherwise unreachable host.   If you don't want a
full VPN with something like an openvpn tunnel from the backuppc server
to the firewall box, you can probably do port forwarding over an ssh
connection and use a client alias to direct the connection to localhost
on the server.