BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] rsync with windows/cygwin

2010-09-14 11:13:50
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] rsync with windows/cygwin
From: "Michael MH. Heel" <mh AT heel-data DOT de>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2010 17:10:52 +0200

I did further test with different excludes. All with no success. i think the the rsyncsharename is the problem. The rsyncd config was clear as you define the share on the client in the rsyncd.conf. rsync on one of my nix machines work fine. So i think the rssyncsharename in is the problem and the excludes never get touched at all.

Here is my client-config:

$Conf{PingCmd} = '/bin/true';

$Conf{PingMaxMsec} = 200;

$Conf{ClientCharset} = 'cp1252';

$Conf{ClientCharsetLegacy} = 'cp1252';

$Conf{RsyncShareName} = [

  '/cygdrive/e/daten'

];

$Conf{BackupFilesExclude} = {

  '*' => [

    '/cygdrive/e/daten/install',

    '/cygdrive/e/daten/Profile',

  ]

};

$Conf{RsyncClientCmd} = '$sshPath -q -x -l backuppc $host $rsyncPath $argList+';

$Conf{RsyncClientRestoreCmd} = '$sshPath -q -x -l backuppc $host $rsyncPath $argList+';

$Conf{XferMethod} = 'rsync';

$Conf{XferLogLevel} = 1;

Starting with  ‘/‘ doenst make much sense as there are multiple drives.

michael