BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] rsync with windows/cygwin

2010-09-14 08:06:19
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] rsync with windows/cygwin
From: "Michael MH. Heel" <mh AT heel-data DOT de>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2010 14:02:52 +0200

Thx fort he info sorin and gerald. I will look into into.

In the meantime i tried standard rsync over ssh. The backup works fine with a „small“ problem: BackupFilesExclude doenst work at all. I dont know if thats the mentioned rsync bug or not but basic operation is working now. I use centos 5.4 with  backuppc 3.2.0. client is a win2003 server running cygwin.

So either i take care of the BackupFilesExclude problem or the rsyncd problem. Which method you think is the better one for this scenario if both would work ?

michael