BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] distribution packages and tar upgrades + full backups

2010-09-10 05:58:49
Subject: [BackupPC-users] distribution packages and tar upgrades + full backups
From: Timothy Omer <Tim AT TwoIT.co DOT uk>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2010 09:12:43 +0100
Hello all,

Just installed version 3.1.0 on my CentOS server via YUM.

I can see that 3.2.0 has been released, I'm looking at removing my YUM
install and installing via tar.
If I do this will my backups already completed be available again in
the cgi interface, anything I should be aware off?

My second question, what, maybe a little obvious but wish to check...

I'm performing backups of Win servers over a WAN connection with
OpenVPN and DeltaCopy (wrapper around the Rsyncd for Win). I wish to
have a monthly full backup and daily incremental. Every month when a
full backup is needed I wish to avoid transferring all that data again
from the remote client - what's BackupPC behaviour? Will it merge the
last full and incremental as a base for the new Full backup and then
add any changes?

Thanks in advance!
tim