BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Change archive directory

2010-09-07 15:34:20
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Change archive directory
From: Les Mikesell <lesmikesell AT gmail DOT com>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 07 Sep 2010 14:32:44 -0500
On 9/7/2010 2:00 PM, Cholotron - wrote:
> Hi,
> I've been reading about how to change the "Archive Directory"
> Somewhere I read that it is not going to work properly if i use a smb
> directory. Is that true?
>

> Conf{TopDir} = '/var/lib/backuppc';
> $Conf{TopDir} = '/data/backuppc';
>
> smbmount //nassystem/backuppc /data/backuppc -o
> username=admin,password=mypass
>
> :)

First, unless you have the very latest version you can't make that kind
of change after installation or with a distribution-packaged version.
Instead you have to copy the existing contents of /var/lib/backuppc to
the new filesystem, then mount or symlink it into the /var/lib/backuppc
location.   And you are right - the archive directory must support hard
links and a smb mount won't.