BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] [slightly OT] File system check on a dump of _TOPDIR_

2010-08-25 09:34:01
Subject: [BackupPC-users] [slightly OT] File system check on a dump of _TOPDIR_
From: Farmol SPA <farmolspa AT gmail DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2010 15:31:19 +0200
 Hi list.

Thanks to all who gave me clues in my previous post "Backup backuppc", I
managed to find a working configuration that dumps my _TOPDIR_ to an
external USB device (DELL RD1000) in a matter of some hours (it's a
320GB disk).

Now I've got a question that is a bit OT but I hope will find someone's
answer. After a successful dump of data from a snapshot of my _TOPDIR_
to the USB disk I normally fire a "reiserfsck -q -y <device>" to be sure
the device is in good shape in the case (I hope never) it would prove
useful. Unfortunately this is so slow that it takes several hours to
finish. I'd like to know if someone tried this before and what kind of
tip could give me (eg a way to run a "fast" check of the reiser
partition, for instance).

Thanks for your help.
Alessandro