BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] [OT] My mail sent from gmail are not sent back to my account

2010-08-19 09:08:51
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] [OT] My mail sent from gmail are not sent back to my account
From: Les Mikesell <lesmikesell AT gmail DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2010 08:06:30 -0500
Farmol SPA wrote:
>  Hi list.
>
> An OT for a question: my messages sent from a gmail.com account (like
> this) are received by the mailing list (and I can see them on the web
> archive) but they are not sent back to my account as a mailing list
> message. Thus I see only answers but not my original post.
>
> Has anybody experimented this problem? Any hint?

That's normal for gmail - but you do see your message in the threaded view.  I
pull the gmail messages via pop to my own server (with gmail configured to
archive them) and use thunderbird/imap to access them and reply, and rarely use
the gmail web interface.  But it is handy to be able to delete my local copy
and
still be able to go back to gmail and search the old messages.