BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] New BackupPC server on Debian: which version?

2010-08-18 19:49:18
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] New BackupPC server on Debian: which version?
From: Rob Owens <rowens AT ptd DOT net>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2010 19:48:53 -0400
On Wed, Aug 18, 2010 at 08:46:45AM +0200, Boniforti Flavio wrote:
> Hello all.
>
> As from the subject line, which Debian version do you suggest to set up
> for using BackupPC?
> My actual server is on "testing", would not want to stick to a version
> which is "freezed" because I'd miss the future releases of BackupPC.

BackupPC has only a few dependencies, and this makes it fairly easy to
install the Debian testing version in Debian stable.

$ apt-cache policy backuppc
backuppc:
  Installed: 3.1.0-4lenny3
  Candidate: 3.1.0-4lenny3
  Version table:
     3.1.0-9 0
        190 http://ftp.us.debian.org squeeze/main Packages
 *** 3.1.0-4lenny3 0
        990 http://ftp.us.debian.org lenny/main Packages
        100 /var/lib/dpkg/status

$ sudo aptitude install backuppc/testing

wants to install libwbclient0, samba-common, and smbclient from the
backports.org repo onto my Lenny system.

-Rob