BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Upgrade from 3.1.0-4 to 3.2.0

2010-08-11 12:51:20
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Upgrade from 3.1.0-4 to 3.2.0
From: "Tyler J. Wagner" <tyler AT tolaris DOT com>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2010 17:48:55 +0100
On Wednesday 11 Aug 2010 16:59:14 Boniforti Flavio wrote:
> > Hey Guys,
> >
> > I've got a Debian 5.0.5 Box running Backuppc 3.1.0-4.  What
> > would be the recommended way of upgrading this to the latest
> > release: 3.2.0?
>
> Hello there, me about on the same issue: running Debian and wanting to
> upgrade... How to?

There are currently two options:

1. Uninstall your backuppc Debian package, and install 3.2.0 from source.
2. Wait for a packager to make a 3.2.0 Debian package and upgrade via the
package manager.

I advise #2.

Regards,
Tyler

--
"Freedom of thought is best promoted by the gradual illumination of
men's minds, which follows from the advance of science."