BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] BackupPC 3.2.0 released

2010-08-09 01:52:11
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] BackupPC 3.2.0 released
From: "Jeffrey J. Kosowsky" <backuppc AT kosowsky DOT org>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 09 Aug 2010 00:49:53 -0400
Saturn2888 wrote at about 16:17:30 -0400 on Friday, August 6, 2010:
 > I'm also assuming this means it'll be harder to access the data outside of
 > BackupPC itself as well.

Hopefully, a fuse filesystem frontend could be used to transparently access
individual backups.

BTW, I find backuppc-fuse to be very useful even in the 3.x series
since it allows me to access any backup from the command line without
file mangling, with proper ownership/permissions, and with
incrementals all filled out.