BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Long backup via rsync over unstable connection

2010-07-15 14:45:24
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Long backup via rsync over unstable connection
From: "Tyler J. Wagner" <tyler AT tolaris DOT com>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2010 19:42:38 +0100
On Thursday 15 July 2010 16:16:19 Dan Pritts wrote:
> I worked around them by adding a few cnames for the client host, and
>  configuring each of them as a backup client, with a specific portion of
>  the filesystem.

CNAMEs aren't necessary, Dan. Create multiple "hosts" in BackupPC.
"servername-part1" or whatever. Then for each server, set ClientNameAlias to
the real hostname or IP address.

Regards,
Tyler

--
"He that is truly deep strives for clarity, he that wishes to appear
deep to the crowd strives for obscurity, for the crowd considers deep