BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] backing up over WAN

2010-07-07 05:28:39
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] backing up over WAN
From: "Tyler J. Wagner" <tyler AT tolaris DOT com>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 2010 10:26:55 +0100
On Wednesday 07 July 2010 09:32:25 Udo Rader wrote:
> If I understand BackupPC's pooling concept correctly, pooling takes
> place after the file has been transferred to the server and is compared
> to other files in the pool.

No, a checksum is calculated for a file and then compared against the pool. If
it doesn't exist in the pool, it is copied to the pc tree. After that is done,
it is inserted into the pool by the linking process.

Corrections, anyone?

Regards,
Tyler

--
"In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act."
   -- George Orwell