BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] restart automatically a service

2010-05-27 12:33:36
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] restart automatically a service
From: "William Anderson" <WAnderson AT puryear-it DOT com>
To: <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Thu, 27 May 2010 11:19:36 -0500
First, check your cron log (/var/log/cron on my systems) to make sure
it's actually trying to do that.

Cron should send any output (errors or otherwise) to the email address
associated with that crontab (root for system, user@localhost for
others, or you can set it with MAILTO). If nothing else, try

25      16      *       *       *       /etc/init.d/backuppc start >>
/tmp/backuppc.restart.log

And check the /tmp/backuppc.restart.log file to see if there are any
errors.  If the file doesn't exist after the next expected runtime, the
job didn't run.

It may be something as simple as a typo elsewhere in the crontab
preventing cron from "seeing" that job.

Bill Anderson
Puryear Information Technology, LLC
225-706-8414 x116