BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] restart automatically a service

2010-05-27 12:21:36
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] restart automatically a service
From: "Tyler J. Wagner" <tyler AT tolaris DOT com>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 27 May 2010 17:20:04 +0100
Mox,

Are you restart/reloading cron after adding that line? Which crontab are you
editing and how?

Regards,
Tyler

On Thursday 27 May 2010 09:36:46 mox wrote:
> Hello
>
> I have a box Suse 11.1  with a service that (I don?t know why) every day
>  stop at the same time. I?m finding why it come to a halt but in the
>  meantime  I would like restart it automatically. As root I insert in
>  crontab the line:
>
> 25      16      *       *       *       /etc/init.d/backuppc start
> But it don?t? works
>
> If I launch manually /etc/init.d/backuppc start (or stop) it works!
> What I?am wrong? How I can automatically restart the service?
>
> Thanks  :)

> |This was sent by diamond88 AT gmail DOT com via Backup Central.

"I strongly reject any conceptual scheme that places our options on a
line, and holds that the only alternative to a pair of extreme positions
lies somewhere between them. More fruitful perspectives often require that
we step off the line to a site outside the dichotomy."
   -- Stephen Jay Gould