BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] speed up backups

2010-05-27 06:15:39
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] speed up backups
From: "Sorin Srbu" <sorin.srbu AT orgfarm.uu DOT se>
To: "'General list for user discussion, questions and support'" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Thu, 27 May 2010 12:13:29 +0200
and
>support
>Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] speed up backups
>
>it's in the documentation - click on documentation over on the left of
>the web interface and search for checksum;
>the section is "rsync checksum caching"

Looked into file system optimization again, while waiting for a backup to
finish. Seems like "noatime" is a recommended setting in /etc/fstab. If I
already have "defaults" set for the backup-array mount, and add "noatime",
should I still keep "defaults"? Or is it implied that the defaults are not
to be used anymore and therefore one can omit it in /etc/fstab?

My file system-fu is not that strong... 8-/
--
/Sorin