BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Thanks!

2010-05-14 11:18:41
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Thanks!
From: Les Mikesell <lesmikesell AT gmail DOT com>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 14 May 2010 10:16:51 -0500
On 5/14/2010 9:49 AM, B. Alexander wrote:
> Actually, I haven't ever used the gui othere than to start/stop backups
> and for status. All of the config file munging I do is on the command line.
>
> I'll start playing with this and report back.

Note that if you _did_ use the GUI, you could set the things you want in
one host's configuration, then use that as a template for similar hosts
by adding them with the newhost=oldhost syntax.  This doesn't help if
you need to make a global change across a lot of items already
individually configured, but that shouldn't happen often.