BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Error : Child Process Terminated immaturarily

2010-03-31 10:06:28
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Error : Child Process Terminated immaturarily
From: James Wells <James.Wells AT webcertain DOT com>
To: "backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2010 14:50:20 +0100
Hi Chris,

I suspect youre problem is the out of memory error - so I'd start there - are
there many or large files on this server that makes it harder to backup (in
terms of memory needs) than others ? It sounds like your BackupPC machine may
need more RAM in it to me.

Also, I had a lot of these child exiting errors when our storage device was
failing, but that doesn't seem to be the case here.

James Wells
Systems Administrator

t:  +44 (0) 1904 780030
w: www.webcertain.com
WebCertain Group Limited - Company No. 06721395