BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Anyone get rsyncd to work on Windows Server 2008

2010-03-31 09:36:44
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Anyone get rsyncd to work on Windows Server 2008
From: Trey Nolen <support AT internetpro DOT net>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2010 08:34:51 -0500

Les Mikesell wrote:
Trey Nolen wrote:

I've got it working (rsync, not DeltaCopy) on several 2008 servers both
32 and 64bit.   I used to run the rsyncd method, but with the new
Cygwin, I'm just using the rsync method just like I do with Linux
boxes.  Works even better than using rsyncd.

Until fairly recent versions of cygwin there was some bug that made rsync
running under sshd hang randomly, but I think it is fixed now.

That was definitely the case.  We had been using the rsynd over ssh tunnel model, but with the new versions we actually had trouble with that model.  We gave the straight rsync method a try, and it works great now.

Trey Nolen