BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Anyone get rsyncd to work on Windows Server 2008

2010-03-31 05:37:34
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Anyone get rsyncd to work on Windows Server 2008
From: Koen Linders <koen.linders AT gmail DOT com>
To: sorin.srbu AT orgfarm.uu DOT se, "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2010 12:35:47 +0300
On 31 March 2010 09:51, Sorin Srbu <sorin.srbu AT orgfarm.uu DOT se> wrote:
> Ok, so it’s just the rsyncd-part on the Win-server that’s interesting,
> correct? And you set up BPC to use rsyncd with this particular Win-client
> and point it to eg /cygdrive/d/home which is one of those pre-setup virtual
> directories they mention in the DeltaCopy-manual. Did I get that right?
>

> --
>
> /Sorin

Yes.

You create a Deltacopy service which is simply a Rsyncd running on
port 873 (standard). You connect with Backuppc with rsyncd config.
After you created the deltacopy service, you create a virtual
directory: e.g. cDRIVE and fill in the path and the credentials. this
cDRIVE is what you use in backuppc as Rsyncshare name.

The easy part is that you can copy the windows folder to another
client, register the service and you're good. I did a few tests with
Cygwin and it seems there are a lot more steps to get it running (but
you can get encryption via ssh then)

Koen Linders