BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] Installing on Red Hat Enterprise

2010-03-26 10:24:07
Subject: [BackupPC-users] Installing on Red Hat Enterprise
From: "John BORIS" <jboris AT adphila DOT org>
To: <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2010 10:21:16 -0400
I am trying to get BackupPC installed on Red Hat Enterprise. I
downloaded the latest file from sourceforge

BackupPC-3.2.0beta1.tar.gz

Following the directions in the documents I ran

perl configure.pl

I used all of the default settings. When I was finished I then copied
the linux-backuppc file from the init.d directory to /etc/init.d.

I copied the BackupPC.conf file from the httpd directory of the src to
/etc/httpd/conf.d.

I edited the BackupPC.conf file (in /etc/httpd/conf.d) so the directory
portion points to /usr/local/BackupPC

When I try httpd://localhost/BackupPC

I get challenged for a username and password and this will read the
.htaccess file I created but then I get nothing. I edited the hosts file
in /etc/BackupPC for the two hosts I am starting with also.

This is a umpteenth time I have tried this install. I have asked
previous users I had contact with and they tell me that the BackupPC
should be getting installed in /usr/share/BackupPC and that the programs
live at an sbin directory. This sbin directory never gets created?

Is there another tar ball I need to start with for Red Hat, or some src
files I should be using.

TIF

John J. Boris, Sr.
JEN-A-SyS Administrator
Archdiocese of Philadelphia

"Remember! That light at the end of the tunnel
Just might be the headlight of an oncoming train!"