BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Install issues BackupPC on RHEL5

2010-03-18 10:31:38
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Install issues BackupPC on RHEL5
From: Jim Summers <jsummers AT ou DOT edu>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2010 08:28:47 -0500
On Mar 18, 2010, at 8:19 AM, John BORIS wrote:

> I am trying to get BackupPC installed correctly on RHEL 5. The install
> proceeds just fine without errors but the Apache side was not
> installed
> properly. The httpd.conf does not include the proper information so it
> is not pointing to the correct directory structure and the
> authentication is not correct. Has anyone on the list got this
> working
> properly on Red Hat? I am using the latest version 3.2.0 beta1.

Yes it works fine.  I ended using the suid and mod_perl.  My install
did not do anything with authentication. You need to configure
the .htaccess/ldap/kerb access on your own I believe.  Seems like I
had to tweak the images directory also.  If your webserver is used for
more than one web application, you may be able to set all that using a
virtualserver.

HTH

> TIA
>
> John J. Boris, Sr.
> JEN-A-SyS Administrator
> Archdiocese of Philadelphia
> "Remember! That light at the end of the tunnel
> Just might be the headlight of an oncoming train!"

---
Jim Summers
School of Computer Science-University of Oklahoma