BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] Error when attempting to backup Windows 7 client PC

2010-03-05 13:09:09
Subject: [BackupPC-users] Error when attempting to backup Windows 7 client PC
From: ctye13 <backuppc-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 05 Mar 2010 12:41:41 -0500
Hello,

 I am attempting to backup several network folder shares on a Windows client PC
running Windows 7 Home Premium 32-bit OS using smb transport method, and I am
receiving the following errors (see below), on ANY of the shares that I add to
be backed up by BackupPC. I have had no issues backing up many different
versions of Windows including, Windows 2000, Windows XP, and Windows Vista.
This is our first Windows 7 client PC in our company to be added to BackupPC
and I was wondering if there have been any kind of changes done in Windows 7
that would be preventing it from being backed up successfully? Or if Windows 7
is even compatible w/ BackupPC? I have checked the permissions on the shared
folders of the client PC and they seem to be ok, but I could be wrong. Can
anyone suggest/recommend what the permissions should be on the shared
drives/folders? I wasn't sure if this issue is related to a samba config
setting or if I just have the permissions on the shared drives/folders
incorrect? Any help or comments would be greatly appreciated and if any
additional info is needed, please just let me know, thanks.I have recently
updated the openSUSE version to 11.2 for the BackupPC server and it updated
samba as well,and I still am getting the same error as I was before

Samba version installed on backup server:  Version
3.4.2-1.1.3.1-2229-SUSE-SL11.2

BackupPC version installed on backup server:  3.1.0
Client PC name: 'djwc'

Here is the output from my XferLOG:

Contents of file /data/BackupPC/pc/djwc/XferLOG.bad.z, modified 2010-03-05
11:00:07 (Extracting only Errors)

Running: /usr/bin/smbclient \\\\djwc\\G -U John\ Conner -E -d 1 -c tarmode\
full -Tc -
full backup started for share G
Xfer PIDs are now 31642,31641
session setup failed: SUCCESS - 0
session setup failed: SUCCESS - 0
tarExtract: Done: 0 errors, 0 filesExist, 0 sizeExist, 0 sizeExistComp, 0
filesTotal, 0 sizeTotal
Got fatal error during xfer (No files dumped for share G)
Backup aborted (No files dumped for share G)
Not saving this as a partial backup since it has fewer files than the prior one
(got 0 and 0 files versus 0)

Here is the output from the '.pl' file  for the Windows 7 client PC:

djwc.pl file:

$Conf{SmbShareName} = ['D', 'F', 'G', 'H', 'I', 'C'];

$Conf{XferMethod} = 'smb';

$Conf{SmbSharePasswd} = 'morph';

$Conf{SmbShareUserName} = 'John Conner';

$Conf{FullKeepCnt} = [4, 0, 4, 0, 0, 4];

I am completely stumped as to why this still isn't working and any help on
configurations or settings that should be changed or edited is greatly
appreciated