BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Request for pointer

2010-01-29 15:28:27
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Request for pointer
From: John Hudak <jjhudak AT gmail DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 2010 15:26:34 -0500
As I reviewed the 200+ pages of the smb documentation, it occured to me to try that....If I figure out how to do it, i will

Thanks for the suggestion

John

On Fri, Jan 29, 2010 at 2:56 PM, Les Mikesell <lesmikesell AT gmail DOT com> wrote:
On 1/29/2010 1:38 PM, John Hudak wrote:
> Hi Les:
> thanks for the reply...like I said in the my post, the Samba install is
> 'right out of the box'..i did not change anything in the smb.config
> file, except what was documented in the backuppc doc (as best I
> understood it).
> I agree 100% with your conjecture that it is some setting in the smb
> config file, but what?
> My premise is this: something in the smb.config file is *different* than
> what the backuppc configuration discusses, which is causing the
> communicaition problem, but what is it?
> I guess that is why I am looking for something a bit more comprehensive
> on the samba server setup discussion.

Have you tried using smbclient manually to connect to the share?  You
may be able to get better error messages there.  Most of smb.conf
relates to server settings but a few, like workgroup and password server
would affect client connections.