BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] BackupPC of an image of a PC

2009-11-25 11:09:38
Subject: [BackupPC-users] BackupPC of an image of a PC
From: "Boniforti Flavio" <flavio AT piramide DOT ch>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 2009 17:06:22 +0100
Hello list,

I'm back again with a new question...

I'd like to create an image of my Windows PC (let's assume with Acronis
TrueImage, or any similar software) and store it on my external USB
drive. This scheduled operation would be done *every day* and would
overwrite the same image file. Now, assuming the above statements, am I
right if using BackupPC every night on that PC (grabbing the image from
the USB drive), I would:

A) only transfer the modified bytes/parts of that huge (many Gbytes)
image file?
B) get as a result, a daily backup without any big file transfers?

Any thoughts, comments are very welcome...

Thanks,
Flavio Boniforti

PIRAMIDE INFORMATICA SAGL
Via Ballerini 21