BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Backuppc with Xen

2009-11-16 14:10:37
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Backuppc with Xen
From: Kameleon <kameleon25 AT gmail DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 2009 13:08:00 -0600
I think I found my issue. It is not a XEN deal, nor is it a backuppc issue (I don't think at least). I noticed that I was using rsyncd as opposed to rsync on the clients that were being backed up successfully. So I setup rsyncd on the 2 clients that were having issues. The first one did a proper incremental in 3min 11seconds but didn't have much data to transfer. The other took 42min 5seconds but had substantially more to transfer.

Point is though... it works with rsyncd instead of regular rsync. Any ideas why? Maybe there is a difference with the way xen paravirt domu's are setup as the one physical ubuntu machine is still using rsync.