BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] BackupPC not taking care of Schedule?

2009-11-13 03:54:18
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] BackupPC not taking care of Schedule?
From: "Tyler J. Wagner" <tyler AT tolaris DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2009 08:51:22 +0000
On Friday 13 November 2009 07:53:01 Christian Völker wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I have one of my PCs configured with the following option:
>
> $Conf{BlackoutPeriods} = [
>   {
>     'hourEnd' => '14',
>     'weekDays' => [],
>     'hourBegin' => '6'
>   }
> ];
>
> So I don't expect a backup running between 6.00 and 14.00. Currently
> it's 8.50 and backup started at 8.01 :-(
> The above configuration has been added through the web interface- so I
> don't expect a need to restart or reload BackupPC service, right? Local
> BackupPC time is correct.
>
> Why does it start shortly after 8?

Christian,

Blackout also depends on that host having at least BlackoutGoodCnt successful
pings.  If you've just set up this host it won't have met that condition.

When I add new hosts in the middle of the day, I tend to press "Stop / Dequeue
Backup" 12 hours, so it starts at night.  That tends to keep the backup at
night until it has enough successful pings.

Regards,
Tyler

--
"Beware of altruism. It is based on self-deception, the root of all evil."
   -- Lazarus Long, "Time Enough for Love", by Robert A. Heinlein