BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] catch up hump

2009-09-25 09:26:08
Subject: [BackupPC-users] catch up hump
From: James Ward <jeward AT torzo DOT com>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 2009 06:22:28 -0700 (MST)
My busiest BackupPC server fell very behind before I did some tuning (thanks
for your help!) after I upgraded it from 2.x to 3.x due to disk contention
between the nightly admin jobs and backups (which I had running 24x7).  I think
I have it performing similarly to 2.x now, but it just can't seem to catch up.
It's taking 7-8 days to make full backups of all the clients, and since the
full backup period is 6.97, it just keeps making full backups.  Should I
temporarily or even permanently increase the full backup period to help it get
to the point that it can do incrementals?

--
Ward... James Ward
Linux System Administrator