BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] BackupPC on OpenSolaris

2009-09-23 05:08:27
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] BackupPC on OpenSolaris
From: "Nigel Kendrick" <support-lists AT petdoctors.co DOT uk>
To: "'General list for user discussion, questions and support'" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2009 10:02:41 +0100

-----Original Message-----
From: Holger Parplies [mailto:wbppc AT parplies DOT de]
Sent: Wednesday, September 23, 2009 9:22 AM
To: linker3000 AT googlemail DOT com
Cc: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net

Hi,

Pedro M. S. Oliveira wrote on 2009-09-23 07:48:50 +0100 [Re:
[BackupPC-users] BackupPC on OpenSolaris]:
> On Tuesday 22 September 2009 20:29:02 Linker3000 wrote:
> > [...]
> > Looks like things have moved on and this guide needs updating -

"this guide" being?

> > I had to do a lot more work to get the package installer & perl
installed
> > and then the link between cgi-bin/index.cgi just didn't go anywhere

Have you got a file "BackupPC_Admin" anywhere? That is probably what it
should
point to. But you'll also need a few images and a stylesheet to be in the
right place for things to work properly. If you need any more help, you
probably need to give *a lot* more details, such as which web server you are
trying to integrate BackupPC with.
And, of course,

> [...]
> What's failing?

;-). While you may want to use the web interface, it's not a component
involved in actually making backups.

Regards,
Holger

Hi Holger,

My original post was a comment over at the Web-based forums under here:
s-3/backuppc-21/backuppc-on-opensolaris-97029/ so it seems out of context
when it replicates to the list.

I followed the Solaris install guidelines but there seemed to be a lot more
to do to get the package installers & C compiler in place in order to load
up all the other required packages and, ultimately, the instructions:

  cd /opt/csw/apache2/share/cgi-bin/
  ln -s BackupPC_Admin index.cgi

...are ineffective because, as you say, there's no BackupPC_Admin there. I
am sure that a lot of the hassle I have had is down to the fact that I have
not used OpenSolaris before and I am re-doing the installation. I have been
given some advice on IRC (#solaris) and am following it up...

Nigel