BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] When is $Conf{DumpPostShareCmd} executed?

2009-09-17 11:50:49
Subject: [BackupPC-users] When is $Conf{DumpPostShareCmd} executed?
From: "Jose Torres" <jetorres AT conecodepr DOT com>
To: <BackupPC-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2009 11:46:42 -0400

I have a problem identifying when is executed during the backup sequence each command.

The Documentation only says to define a command value to:

$Conf{DumpPreUserCmd} = undef;

$Conf{DumpPostUserCmd} = undef;

$Conf{DumpPreShareCmd} = undef;

$Conf{DumpPostShareCmd} = undef;

Perfect, but what is the order of execution?

Is clear that DumpPreUserCmd will be executed before the Dump and the DumpPostUserCmd after the Dump.

The DumpPreShareCmd will be executed before the Dump, but is it before or after the DumpPreUserCmd?

The DumpPostShareCmd will be executed after the Dump, but is it before or after the DumpPostUserCmd?

Also, I need to execute a Backuppc_archiveStart after the backup is complete.  I tried executing it with the DumpPostUserCmd but the

$backupnumber  is set to the previous backup number, meaning that the number is not jet assign to the backup at the moment of the DumpPostUserCmd, or is not set as the last backup number.

If I create an Archive host configuration with:

$Conf{ArchiveClientCmd} = $Installdir/bin/BackupPC_archiveHost $tarCreatePath $splitpath $parpath $host $backupnumber+1 … (Syntactically incorrect, I guess)

With the correct syntax, will it archive the running backup successfully?  If not, how can I do it?

Jose T