BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] Client with dynamic IP, backups cut off at 24h

2009-09-15 04:10:17
Subject: [BackupPC-users] Client with dynamic IP, backups cut off at 24h
From: schmoove <backuppc-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2009 04:02:45 -0400

> Holger Parplies wrote:
> failing full rsync(d) backups result in a partial backup which can be resumed
> (i.e. restarted, taking the already transferred data into account). Failing
> incremental backups (or full backups with other XferMethods) are discarded.

Thank you, this fully explains what has happened in my case. Problem resolved.

> Holger Parplies wrote:
> Are your incremental backups really taking more than 24 hours, or did your
> full backup simply take 5 days to complete (being interrupted and restarted
> four times)? Can you trust backups that seem to regularly take so long?

To explain, I was using rsync, performing (regular) automated backups after
moving to a new partition where I accidentally wiped out my old backups during
the move. My automated daily incremental backups failed whereas my automated
weekly full backup succeeded. Future incremental backups will only take a few
minutes. So for me, everything is back to normal. Thanks Holger for your help :)