BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] backuppc for large scale env

2009-08-27 11:56:24
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] backuppc for large scale env
From: Brent Clark <brentgclarklist AT gmail DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2009 17:53:10 +0200
Michael Stowe wrote:
> It depends on what you mean by "large scale" and what your particular
> plans are.  Having a BackupPC server in each of a dozen countries to back
> up offices of 10-50 people each probably wouldn't require anything
> special, while trying to back up a PC in Columbia from Germany may require
> a special deal with the local militia not to blow up the leased lines, and
> your problems would have very little to do with BackupPC.
>
> Typically in a large scale enterprise, any backup solution is part of a
> larger backup plan that includes data retention policies, recovery
> commitments, storage policies, and deployment considerations built around
> the needs of the organization within the bounds of the infrastructure,
> considering the characteristics of the data that requires protection.

Hiya

Thanks for replying, given additional food for thought.

Im looking at 107 servers (As said ... around the world, most of which are in
datacentres, and im expected to take on more in the foreseeable future).
Currently I got a clunky rsync / scp, script solution going, which oddly enough
works, but I would like something better.

Regards
Brent Clark