BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Installation problems: BackupPC_serverMesg hangs

2009-08-26 17:44:23
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Installation problems: BackupPC_serverMesg hangs
From: Christoph <chrdr AT gmx DOT at>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2009 23:37:25 +0200
Hello Craig,

> Most likely the BackupPC server doesn't see the first message
> from BackupPC_serverMesg.

Is there a possibility to verify that?

> I suspect the problem is that perl has a buggy select() or some
> other related function or buffering problem on your platform.
> Perhaps you could google for perl bugs on your platform?

That's what I've already been doing for some time - up to now without any
proper results.

I even recompiled the perl packages - without any errors.

I just cannot understand why it works for Ted Carnahan:
http://www.tedcarnahan.com/2009/07/09/installing-backuppc-on-openwrt/

- but does not work for me. The main difference I see is that his installation
is on a mipsel platform, whereas mine is a armeb device.

I will try to get further tomorrow - today I have to go to bed at last.

Thanks for your help,
Christoph