BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] Web UI character set

2009-07-23 10:39:15
Subject: [BackupPC-users] Web UI character set
From: Michał Sawicz <michal AT sawicz DOT net>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 2009 16:02:31 +0200
Hi there,

I have a 3.1.0 installation with apache and mod_perl. Everything is fine
except the messages displayed on the web page.

Most of the language files are latin1 encoded, except for zh_CN and pl
which are utf8, because they're incompatible with latin1.

The problem is I'm getting strings in utf encoded in utf once again. The
result is 4-byte instead of 2-byte characters ("błx82;ęx99;dów"
instead of "błędów"). It seems that the utf-encoded polish messages are
encoded once more, treating them as latin1. That does not happen with
any other locale...

Two less important questions:
- the 'Speed' parameter in Host Summary - it's empty here, does rsync
xfer support this?
- will subsequent full backups download all unchanged files, too? if
not, what's the difference between full and incremental backups?

Cheers and thanks for a great tool.
--
Michał Sawicz <michal AT sawicz DOT net>