BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] OS X failing to back up

2009-07-07 15:52:07
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] OS X failing to back up
From: Chris Robertson <crobertson AT gci DOT net>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Tue, 07 Jul 2009 11:47:34 -0800
Ted To wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm not sure what the problem is but after reinstalling OS X on my
> wife's laptop, a backup has never been successfully completed.  I did
> not change any of the configuration files and am using xtar as
> suggested at: http://wiki.nerdylorrin.net/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=BackupPC
>
> .
> I put the error log of at: http://pastebin.com/m1009bc48
>
> .  I'm running
> an oldish version of backuppc (2.1.2 on a dapper drake box).  Any help
> will be appreciated.

Based on these bits from the error log...

Running: /usr/bin/ssh -q -x -n -l root snoopy /usr/bin/env LC_ALL=C
/usr/bin/nice -n 20 /usr/bin/xtar -c -v -f - -C /Users --totals
--exclude=./louise/Documents/Parallels .
Xfer PIDs are now 8958,8957
[SNIP]
Connection to snoopy closed by remote host.
[SNIP]
Backup aborted (lost network connection during backup)
Running: /usr/bin/ssh -q -x -n -l root snoopy /usr/bin/env LC_ALL=C
/usr/bin/nice -n 20 /usr/bin/xtar -c -v -f - -C /Users --totals
--exclude=./louise/Documents/Parallels .
Xfer PIDs are now 24340,24339
[SNIP]
Read from remote host snoopy: No route to host

...you seem to have a network connectivity/reliability problem.

> Thanks,
> Ted To

Chris