BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] MySQL dump backup example scripts request

2009-07-06 18:03:03
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] MySQL dump backup example scripts request
From: Admiral Beotch <AdmiralBeotch AT hackerish DOT org>
To: philip AT naoj DOT org, "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Mon, 6 Jul 2009 14:56:16 -0700
I use a cron job that backups my databases on a daily/weekly basis and then depend on backuppc to grab those static files - the backup of mysql is not dependant on the DumpPreUserCmd in backuppc. The command I have cron'd is:

mysqldump --opt --all-databases -u root | gzip -9 > /backups/mySQL-AllDB.sql.gz