BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] backup of novel servers

2009-06-11 06:03:42
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] backup of novel servers
From: Tino Schwarze <backuppc.lists AT tisc DOT de>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2009 12:00:17 +0200
Hi Benedict,

On Thu, Jun 11, 2009 at 09:05:36AM +0300, Benedict simon wrote:

> i am using BackupPC to succesfully backup up linux client and working fine.
>
> i also have 2 novell Netware servers which i would like to backup with
> backuppc
>
> does backuppc support backin up Novell Netware servers
>
> I have 4.11 and 5 server

(Note: I don't know anything about Netware 4.11 nor 5).

If your Novell servers are reachable either by rsync (possibly over
ssh), have tar (and ssh) or do export a samba share, they may be backed
up by BackupPC.

If I remember correctly, Novell Netware has special file systems, so
a simple file-level backup might not be sufficient (ACLs missing or
something) - you should try a restore anyway.

Tino.

www.lichtkreis-chemnitz.de
www.craniosacralzentrum.de