BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] backup the backuppc pool with bacula

2009-06-10 16:43:16
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] backup the backuppc pool with bacula
From: Bowie Bailey <Bowie_Bailey AT BUC DOT com>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2009 16:35:39 -0400
jhaglund wrote:
> I'd really like to know the specifics of the hardlink and inode problem
> talked about in this thread like how to find out how many I have and what the
> threshold is for Trouble and how the rest of the community deals with getting
> pools of 100+GB offsite in less than a week of transfer time.

I don't know the details on the problem with rsyncing hardlinks.  I just
know that rsync cannot deal with the number of hardlinks generated by
BackupPC.

As to how I get my 750GBs of backups offsite...  sneakernet.  :)  I have
a 3-member raid 1 array with the third member being a removable drive
enclosure.  When I need an offsite backup, I pull this drive, deliver it
to a secure storage location, and replace with a new drive.  It only
takes about 3 hours for the new drive to sync up with the rest of the array.

--
Bowie