BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Upgrading from etch to lenny

2009-06-10 13:36:47
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Upgrading from etch to lenny
From: Jim McNamara <jim.mcnamara AT gmail DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2009 13:30:35 -0400

On Wed, Jun 10, 2009 at 11:50 AM, Ward... James Ward <jeward AT torzo DOT com> wrote:
Have you specifically done a dist-upgrade from etch to lenny?

On Jun 10, 2009, at 8:14 AM, Jim McNamara wrote:

On Tue, Jun 9, 2009 at 6:24 PM, Ward... James Ward <jeward AT torzo DOT com> wrote:
I have two etch BackupPC servers and two lenny BackupPC servers.  All were built at the OS level currently running.  I like the new BackupPC interface a lot and would like to upgrade the etch servers to lenny and therefore BackupPC.  How smoothly is this likely to go?  Any HOWTOs or READMEs or gotchas I can study beforehand?

Thanks,

James

I've had backuppc running on Debian boxes since sarge. Upgrading the OS never caused a problem for me. My hosts tend to backup single digit machine on LANs, but I haven't even seen a hiccup from doing the dist-upgrades.

Ward... James Ward
Tekco Management Group, LLC
520-290-0190x268
ICQ: 201663408

Yes, I did upgrade from Etch to Lenny on over 20 machines running backuppc, none of them had any issues.

By the way, top posting (writing above the previous post) is frowned upon by most mailing lists. Most mail programs handle it well, but people trying to read the thread via archives or on older software have trouble when someone writes "above" the older text.