BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] backups not working - backupdisable picking up incorrectly

2009-06-09 15:30:37
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] backups not working - backupdisable picking up incorrectly
From: Chris Robertson <crobertson AT gci DOT net>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Tue, 09 Jun 2009 11:25:00 -0800
Steve Redmond wrote:
> Hiya,
>
> Thanks for your reply.
>

>> I assume this means the main config file.  There are also per-host
>> config files that will override the main one.
>>

> Correct. I have checked that there were no overriding settings in other
> configuration files. Did a grep on the entire configuration directory to
> be sure and nothing turned up.
>

>> Other alternatives are you aren't looking at the same config
>> file that BackupPC is, or $Conf{BackupsDisable} is set twice
>> in the main config file.
>>

> It's not set twice, that much is certain

How certain?  ;o)

>  - there's only one config file
> in place for it to use.

Fair enough, but is it possible that $Conf{BackupsDisable} is set twice
in this one file?
When you performed your grep, you stated "nothing turned up".  Does that
mean that nothing UNEXPECTED showed up, or nothing at all?
What were the options you passed to grep to perform this search?

To be clear, I don't intend to insult your intelligence, or your
troubleshooting skills.  I'm just proposing possibilities to explain the
data given.

> Thanks,
> - Steve

Chris