BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Problem in transferring

2009-06-08 10:37:32
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Problem in transferring
From: Tino Schwarze <backuppc.lists AT tisc DOT de>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 8 Jun 2009 15:34:57 +0200
> Thanks for the info.  I continue to get the same message. BackUpPC web
> interface for "tape_archive" indicates that the backup failed, with
> the error message the same as above,

You need to look closer. The "type 8" messages are noise (and should
probably be suppressed if possible). Please post your full error message
(copy and paste, remove the "type 8" messages, please), there's some
other hidden issue, I'm sure.

> When I issue the command
> #tar tvf /dev/sa0  I get a listing of directories on the tape. I am not able
> to see the contents within directories. For example.
> #tar tvf /dev/sa0/home
> I get an an error back

What error? Please be more specific. Maybe you need to add a space
between /dev/sa0 and /home?

> My question then is :
>    Even though that I get the error message on tape_archive web page, I
> should ignore and with the assumption the tape has the archived contents?

Never ever assume anything about your backups. Test them.

Tino.oO(Note to self: Need to perform an emergency restore test myself.)

www.lichtkreis-chemnitz.de
www.craniosacralzentrum.de